Bible Research Tools Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Bible Research Tools Discussion Forum is now online!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The "Bush of LIfe"  (Read 162 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bible Research Tools
The "Bush of LIfe"
« on: January 27, 2018, 01:32:05 PM »

I just stumbled on this debate where biogenetist Dr. J. Craig Venter schooled atheist Dr. Richard Dawkins on the fictional evolutionary icon called the "tree of life" by labeling it appropriately as a "bush of life":

Notice Dawkins' astonishment that Venter would question the existence of the cherished "tree of life" icon. Listen until 11:50 for the complete segment. It ends on a very funny and revealing note.

For the record, the "tree of life" in biblical terms is the spiritual tree that heals the nations, once Satan and his worthless minions are defeated:

"And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." -- Rev 22:1 - 2 KJV

Another good discussion begins later at 26:12.

Dan

LXXResearcher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: The "Bush of LIfe"
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 06:24:29 PM »

I just stumbled on this debate where biogenetist Dr. J. Craig Venter schooled atheist Dr. Richard Dawkins on the fictional evolutionary icon called the "tree of life" by labeling it appropriately as a "bush of life":

Good find, Dan. This is another Dawkins' schooling by theoretical physicist Dr. Steven Weinberg:

Atheists like Dawkins tend to get very defensive when confronted with the observation that "atheism" is a faith-based religion; but that is exactly what Weinberg (also an atheist) did in this passage:

"I've visited organizations of people who are atheists and who gathered together for mutual comfort. To me it smells a little bit like a church!" -- Weinberg

Priceless!

LXX

Dallas

• View Profile
Re: The "Bush of LIfe"
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 05:04:54 PM »

This is another Dawkins' schooling by theoretical physicist Dr. Steven Weinberg:

Thanks, Brothers. During this debate between David Berlinski and Christopher Hitchens, in a segment by Berlinski which begins at 5:25, he takes an appropriately timed swipe at Dawkins at about the 7:32 mark.

Dallas

Pages: [1]